A variety of styles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

Its been a busy last couple of months keeping up with blanks and donations. Here are a few pens I managed to finish for some local fund raisers.

The first is a personal cast I made with antler pieces and black and bronze tinted alumilite on a Jr Gent, finished with CA. Finally, a way to use up all of those little antler pieces and broken blanks from drilling. (lol) It was donated along with the wood pens I posted last month to an outdoorsman group for their scholarship fund.

Second is another self cast with clear alumilite and colored pencil pieces. I'm thinking the next one will look better with black reversed painted hole and tube.

The last is a group picture of the rest. They were donated to a local kids swim league fund raiser. They like a variety and it allows me to make pen styles I dont usually make.

All comments welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• ITA antler pen.JPG
    ITA antler pen.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 388
  • pencil pieces.JPG
    pencil pieces.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 373
  • donation.JPG
    donation.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 462
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful work, John .... and such a variety. I think the colored pencils should be one of your standard offerings !!! What is the "spotted" blank second from left in the group shot ?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Beautiful pens - thanks for sharing.

I'm trying to upgrade the quality of my fund raiser donations - these give me some ideas & inspiration. Thanks.

JohnU

Thank You All! I tried to do something different for them with kits and material. I should have listed them.. sorry, so here goes...

In the group shot,
1) the pencil pieces in clear alumilite
2) large pinecone
3) ringneck pheasant feathers
4) circuit board
5) assorted natural feathers
6) BOW
7) spalted maple I tried to dye and stabilize red but it came out pink
8) alumilite cast from Jonathan Brooks
9) Alumilite cast from Jeff Powell "Masterscroller " at exoticblanks
10) camo acrylic from exoticblanks
11) stars and stripe acrylic from exoticblanks
12) self cast acorn caps in alumilite
13) cholla cactus and acrylic from exoticblanks

JohnU

Beautiful work, John .... and such a variety. I think the colored pencils should be one of your standard offerings !!!

This style was much easier than the layered and stacked pencil blanks I made last time. They take way too much time cutting and stacking. I tried these hoping they would show off enough random pencil. I think the Polaris helped make that successful with the amount of resin left on the blank.

I'll be making some up for the MPG as door prizes and if others like them, they may find a few at exoticblanks, if Ed and Dawn want them.
Thanks again!

Top Bottom