A Test For All You Oily Glue Doubters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

A quarter glued to the end of a dowel with oily glue. It got crazy hot but the glue held.

Attachments

• IMG_4123.jpeg
    IMG_4123.jpeg
    599.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4124.jpeg
    IMG_4124.jpeg
    601.9 KB · Views: 95
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks for posting this. I meant to order me some when it was mentioned last August, I think. I have ordered some to play with while sitting at home waiting for time to pass so that I can lift something more than 5 lbs!

Darios

Coincidentally enough I am working with oily glue for the first time today. How long did you let it set, as I saw a better-than-normal results on drilling segments, but not a strong enough hold to survive drilling.

KenB259

Coincidentally enough I am working with oily glue for the first time today. How long did you let it set, as I saw a better-than-normal results on drilling segments, but not a strong enough hold to survive drilling.
I only let it sit about 5 minutes before I started sanding it down.

Lew

If I recall correctly, intentionally destroying US currency is a federal offense. Although there is ample evidence, I won't turn you in if you send one of your beautiful boxes in a brown unmarked wrapper to my address.:p

hewunch

If I recall correctly, intentionally destroying US currency is a federal offense. Although there is ample evidence, I won't turn you in if you send one of your beautiful boxes in a brown unmarked wrapper to my address.:p
I think Defacing is, but destroying isn't. I used to cut pennys with scissors as a demonstration and that is what we were told.

WriteON

Not sure why you feel this is a dead horse. I was just trying to be helpful. I guess that's not appreciated.
I apologize...expressed myself incorrectly. Referring to beating the "dead horse" was me asking a question that most likely has been discussed before. Never heard of OG before and was curious what it's about. Please accept my apology and forgive. I have full respect for all members here and would never intentionally offend or criticize anyone unless it's safety related. I definitely worded my post wrong and inappropriate. I should have simply said I know this has been discussed but cannot find info on it.....You are being helpful.👍

Last edited:

jttheclockman

I started the thread a few days ago hoping to get answers to these questions and more. I was trying to keep the subject matter together so that if questions came up in the future we could just link to the thread instead of being all spread out. But I guess my thought is a failure. It is a new field that seems some people have used or tried this adhesive. What its characteristics are we were hoping members would share. What it use can be and is intended to be. So please if you have used this glue and or want to try it please address it in this thread. Thank you.

https://www.penturners.org/threads/oily-glue.180312/

Top Bottom