A tease on Olive wood "gems" and SALE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Peoples,

My Olive wood pens supply was a little low as they sell fast, I haven't had any "gems" for quite some time as I go a couple of years between processing large batches of blanks that have spent at least 1 to 2 years cut as pen blanks and strapped into drying towers as most of you have seen before. My last packs of Olive "pretty" sold a few days ago so I started to finished 4 or 5 towers (100 per tower) to keep everybody going.

Every time I do so, I have to grade the blanks into the main grades I use, "gems" A1 or "pretty", regular blanks and then the economy ones that hade all sorts of flaws/cracks, knots, etc., some very minor where I remove the corners and sell them buy lots of 10 for about 80ct to $1.00 each depend.

I've got half of the towers done and with that, I got a small pile of "gems" that will be sorted as soon as I finish the other half so I decided to tease you a little showing a pic of the small pile, these are my highest grade on this wood, unfortunately, I don't get as many as I would like but again, I can't complain because they may not be many but they are certainly something else, what do you think...? ;)

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 390
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jay

Nice looking blanks.
What are the shipping costs from Australia to California? Are there rates that would facilitate buying in various weights or sizes?
Jay

Buckmark13

51 blanks in the picture....did I win the prize???

Seriously, they are beautiful George and I hope all is well down under. Happy holidays!!

robutacion

Nice looking blanks.
What are the shipping costs from Australia to California? Are there rates that would facilitate buying in various weights or sizes?
Jay
G'day Jay,

Unfortunately, I lost late this year (last September) my discounted International shipping rates contract from Australia Post so, the prices are slightly higher then before, the sad thing is that the prices went up for weight up to 5kg and then prices start to catch up with my discounted prices up to 10kg after that the prices either match what I offered or went even lower from 15 to 20kg (limit).:(

Is obvious that the most important or average used weights from the orders are between 500gr to 2kg and that bracket is what suffered the most...!😡

Yes, I can certainly give you an idea of current prices Vs my previous discounted ones, it goes like this;

These prices/options apply only to USA, Canada and UK, any other countries will require the use of Express Courier International which costa a little more, obviously (normally faster, fully insured)

Economical air freight
.250gr---current prices---AU$17.00 Previous---AU$12.00
.500gr--- " " ---AU$17.00 " ---AU$16.00
.750gr--- " " ---AU$30.70 " ---AU$20.00
1kg ----- " " ---AU$30.70 " ---AU$24.00
1.250kg- " " ---AU$42.95 " ---AU$28.00
1.5kg--- " " ---AU$42.95 " ---AU$32.00
1.750kg- " " ---AU$54.40 " ---AU$36.00
2kg----- " " ---AU$54.40 " ---AU$40.00

Standard air freight
2.5kg--- " " ---AU$65.65 " ---AU$48.00
3kg----- " " ---AU$69.90 " ---AU$56.00
3.5kg--- " " ---AU$74.15 " ---AU$64.00
4kg----- " " ---AU$78.40 " ---AU$72.00
4.5kg--- " " ---AU$82.65 " ---AU$80.00
5kg----- " " ---AU$86.90 " ---AU$88.00
10kg--- " " ---AU$127.40 " ---AU$138.00
15kg--- " " ---AU$162.90 " ---AU$188.00
20kg--- " " ---AU$195.90 " ---AU$238.00

As you may have noticed, previously the prices went up every 250gr and now they changed to 500gr

The Economy option only goes up to 2kg everything after that is either Standard or Express.

I hope this information helps you and anyone else that is interested in continuing buying from me.

And to answer some of the other questions/observations posted, I have always intended to offer at least 50% of these "Gems" for sale here on IAP, the rest will be listed on my web-store so that others can also enjoy some of them.

I'm not sure how many of the "gems" I will get on the second lot (200) that I still have to sand and wax but I have no problem in sell all this lot here on IAP and deal with the rest when the weather cools a little more, today we have 46°C and with these temps I don't even leave the house AC, too old for that now...! :(

What do you guys prefer, buying them singly (each blank with its own identification number for you to select) or buying them in packs of 4...???
If I have to sell them singly they will cost AU$5.00 each but if I sell them in packs of 4 they will be AU$4.00 each so AU$16.00 for a pack of 4.

Let me know.

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

The top layer sure look like beauties .... lemme at 'em !!!
Well, I recall having seen some even crazier when I was grading them so under the top ones none is inferior than the ones seen on that pic.😉

So that everybody knows, most of these Olive trees I cut them at least 10 years ago, they were in log form until the beginning of 2017 when I processed then into oversized pen blanks, this lot (200) was sanded and finished last week the moisture meter read 15%MC now remember that wood even why dry will always ready higher MC% soon after they are processed from the logs, being Olive wood these MC% are more than ideal in fact, they took over a decade to reach it, this phenomenon will happen to any other type of wood the only difference is that most of those woods don't take near as far for them to dry and the MC% drop is even greater on those woods soon after they were processed.

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

ATTENTION

Blanks offer is open:
(Please make your order in this thread)

I decided to sell these blanks in random packs of 4 for $16.00 per pack + shipping, the average weight of each pack is 250gr. however, I will remove the square corners of the blanks for weight adjustment if absolutely necessary, if this is not suitable to you please advise when ordering. Each blank of these A1 "Gem" packs will free of any imperfections so I reserve the right to select what I will send you and if you are not satisfied I will certainly want to know.

To help you guys with making the shipping a little less "painful" I have also decided to list for sale in a new thread (next) a few other blanks that I recently finished, in this case, they all have been rounded (diameters to be advised).

Please refer to the shipping costs mentioned on post #12 for costs calculations.

Payments will be made by Paypal to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au

PS: Regardless if you are only ordering these Olive blanks "Gems" or you will also select one or more packs from the new sale thread I will post next, the totals will be sent to you by PM for your verification/validation and payment,all blanks ordered will be posted together.

Thank you, 👍

Cheers
George

robutacion

OK guys, those of you that have already put some orders here be aware that the other blanks that I just listed for sale are here, please have a look and decide if you want to add to these Olive wood "Gems" and maybe save a little on shipping costs.

If you only want these Olive wood "Gems" and none of the other blanks I just listed on the other thread, and you already put an order here, could you please confirm your interest in the Olive blanks you ordered here, thanks

PS: If the number of packs ordered of these "Gems" is above the number of packs I can get out of this first lot shown in the pic of post #1, don't worry, I will process the second lot of 200 blanks and see how many I will get from it and if the second lot ready to be sanded will not produce sufficient "Gem" grade blanks, I have about 19 towers of 100 blanks each ready to finish so, plenty to get what I need, you are not going to miss out, I guarantee you. 😉

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Jay

I guess I should have stayed up later or got out of bed earlier. I will take to 2 packs. If I'm relegated to the 2nd lot that's fine.
Just let me know when and how to place the order.
Jay

magpens

Hi George ..... Please .....
I will take 5 packs of 4 blanks each, for a total of 20 blanks.

So that means I owe you $80 plus shipping to Canada ... V3J 0C5 ... please tell me how to pay in a PM and I'll send you my full address.

Thanks, George

robutacion

G'day.

I just wanted to let anyone that order these blanks from me that, I'm deliberately taking my time and wait for these post craziness of Christmas and new year go by and things get to some normality with the postage services all over the world so, your orders are taken/noted and I will provide you with the invoice/total costs soon.

Merry Christmas...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

NOTICE:

The sale of Olive "Gems" blanks is now CLOSED...!

Everyone that has had ordered blanks from this thread and from the other sale thread I have open at the same time as this one, has been or will be notified with an update to their orders and a slight alteration to the presentation of the "GEMS" blanks ordered through here.

Thank you,

Cheers
George

Top Bottom