A stopper I am almost completely happy with

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I stopped making stoppers a few years ago because many of them were bulky and I never developed a design that I was happy with. I had to make 7 recently to fill a request. Once again, I was not satisfied even though the person I made them for was very happy. On the 7th one I was desperate to do something different so I used a texturing tool on it. I thought it had promise even though I was still not satisfied. I made an 8th one and added texturing to it and I am almost satisfied with the design. Some tweaking and I might have something I finally like.

25F3A233-9885-4D6E-A13A-4FCBE379DF3B.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like your design and the texturing you've done. I've found over my years of wood working that I'm never satisfied with what I've created although others say they really like it. I believe that most woodworkers are truly never satisfied with what they create, I think it's in our DNA. That being said, don't sell yourself short, I really like what you've done here. I would like to know what a "texturing" tool is though. I have one for leather work but I've never seen anything for wood etc. Thanks for sharing!

Cwalker935

I like your design and the texturing you've done. I've found over my years of wood working that I'm never satisfied with what I've created although others say they really like it. I believe that most woodworkers are truly never satisfied with what they create, I think it's in our DNA. That being said, don't sell yourself short, I really like what you've done here. I would like to know what a "texturing" tool is though. I have one for leather work but I've never seen anything for wood etc. Thanks for sharing!

FGarbrecht

I think your stopper is really nice. I struggle with stopper design too, I'm not sure why this is so hard but the texturing addition is brilliant.

magpens

Looks good to me, Cody !!

Thanks for showing !!!

I particularly like the overall shape. . I too had gone off stoppers (actually never really started making them) becuz of unsatisfying results due mainly to shape. . Now that I seen your current posting I might feel inspired to give stoppers another shot !

Charlie_W

I like your design and texturing a lot! 👍👍

My avatar is a pic of the top of a bottle stopper I made years ago. I think I used a Wagner Texturing tool on it. Wifey gave it to Chef Tyler Florence at a book signing when he was in town! I'll have to look for a pic.

Top Bottom