A special shout out to some outstanding Covid19 fighting people

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

A couple weeks ago a small distillery here in Saskatoon, Lucky Ba$tard Distilleries, (changed the "s" to $ ;) ) stopped producing drinking spirits and converted over to making hand sanitizer with their alcohol. They give it free to health care workers. Marla, being a nurse got ahold of them and they set aside a couple 40 oz bottles for her and she ordered 50, 2oz spray bottles from Willian Wood-Write (one of the vendors she sells feather blanks to) to fill and share with her co-workers. After ordering and paying she emailed them and told them what the bottles were for. They responded by telling here they were giving her the bottles for free and not charging for the shipping. They arrived today and she just finished filling them to take to work the next time she goes for a shift at the hospital.

People and companies that step forward to do the right thing without being asked should be recognized and thanked. So thank you to Lucky Ba$tard and to William Wood-Write for your generosity.

Pete

Here you go Mark. We in Saskatchewan can order for home delivery of their great spirits. I don't think you can but William Wood-Write is shipping to the US if you want to get some pen stuff.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Kudos to: Lucky Ba$tard and William Wood-Write.

I can add the links tomorrow, but you get the thought - support these vendors.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well Pete, I can't agree more with the amazing good will of so many wonderful people around the world. I have been a recent recipient of several acts of kindness and I cannot speak highly enough of all the heroes of our National Health Service.
It always amazes me that true human feelings always come out to shine in times of serious trouble. Maybe there is hope for mankind after all. ;)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for sharing this information Pete. I'm not at all surprised at Marla's efforts, and +1 for Kudos to Lucky Ba$tard and William Wood-Write for their help and generosity. Be safe, and well.

moke

My wife works at a Hospital. She is now working in their Incident Command Center, they put out a call to volunteers to sew masks, we are in a county on 200k and they got 7000 in less than a week. I saw photos of some of them, and some are really cool!

Curly, after this is over, does this mean I can put hand sanitizer in my Diet Coke?

Curly

Thanks everyone.

Make you might find your eyesight diminishing as it is denatured with unpleasant to the gut stuff. ;) Since you use Diet Coke it wouldn't matter anyway.🤣

pshrynk

My wife is sewing up some from a pattern she found on YouTube. She's got 50 cut out but ran out of elastic. She tells me she has a line on 900 yards of the stuff. She is planning on giving them to our daughter, who is a nurse, to take to the hospital where she works. they are not a COVID-19 receiving site, but they can use the home-made ones over and over, thus relieving the supply chain at least a bit.

howsitwork

sorry guys but just had to share this...

Thongs to the fore men !

Attachments

• IMG_0525.MP4
    6.9 MB

Curly

My wife is sewing up some from a pattern she found on YouTube. She's got 50 cut out but ran out of elastic. She tells me she has a line on 900 yards of the stuff. She is planning on giving them to our daughter, who is a nurse, to take to the hospital where she works. they are not a COVID-19 receiving site, but they can use the home-made ones over and over, thus relieving the supply chain at least a bit.

Toni (of the polyclay blanks fame) was messaging Marla about a friend of hers in Texas doing the same thing, needing elastic. I found a Canadian company with some so ordered 2 60 yard packages. When they arrive we will keep a few yards and send them to Texas. There must be a lot of people making masks because a few days ago the company had a couple hundred packages and now they are sold out.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ian, I may be wrong, but if you rename the attachments but without the underscore, it may work.
But like I said, I may be wrong

Top Bottom