A Simple Silver, Opal and PR Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mredburn

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thank you all for the kind comments. There is still room for improvement but over all I was really happy with the way it turned out.

John Den

Many, many thanks for this post, Mike.
Once again someone has stretched my aspirations beyond my present horizons!
I don't think I'll live long enough to master all our members diversity of skills.
I really believe your pen is the height of design and craftsmanship.
Absolutely well done from a gobsmacked admirer.
Regards,
John

markgum

seeing pens like this.. :eek: :eek: I think it's time to sell the lathe and find something different. to spend my $$ and time on.. :redface:
Seriously amazing work.
Great job.

bluwolf

I thought I had a good idea what went into one of your pens. Apparently I don't:rolleyes::biggrin: That was slick looking even before you started filling it in with opal and resin. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Mike

Simple to look at and comment on! That is simply beautiful and an example of artistry in pen making. Thank you for sharing how you did this. Beautiful Pen.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow... not only does that pen look great... The color scheme of it makes it look like it was just MADE for the front page!!!

Very nice.

ironman123

A Simple Silver, Opal and PR Pen

Mike, that is great design work and a super good looking pen.:good:

Which CAD program and CAM are you using?

Thanks for posting Mike.

Ray

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thank you Jeff, I was not expecting it. Thank you all. Ray I use RHino5 and RhinoCam. I did not build the 4th axis I use a sherline cnc rotary table.

bluwolf

What a coincidence, I just saw this pen again in person after a long time. I can attest, it looks as good in person as it does on the front page.

Congrats,
Mike

wizkid1st

You must be kidding me... I have been turning pens for about 6 months now and thought that I was progressing in this new found talent and now this... this is what I am to aspire to make? LOL... I need to find a back up hobby now! I will have to accept the fact that all of my work will be mediocrity in comparison to this beautiful work of art. Mike you are truly the Rembrandt of pen making. Thanks for sharing this wonderful work with us.

That is the most fantastic piece of art I have ever seen in pen form.Simply amazing this belongs in a rich persons super collection.You should be proud and know that you have skills many will never get close to.WOW,Victor

Tom D

I sure am glad I got to see it in real life last week, it is truly a work of art. I defenitly have a long way to go.

Top Bottom