A Simple Resin blank Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Tired of Pretty Wood? dont have a wood pen blank since you used them all to keep warm last winter? Then I have a real contest for you. Take any resin, alumilite, Rhinoplastic, acrylic, or any other plastic/ resin pen blank and make a pen. Not any old pen but a singe barrel pen. Yup, One tube not two for this contest. I dont care what style as long as it only uses one tube. So that pretty much eliminates, slim lines, cigars, euros, roller ball and fountain pens that use 2 blanks.
You can buy a blank or you can cast your own. No cnc, or 3d printed blanks, please.
1-make a pen, ( having fun is optional, after all this is a serious contest)
2 email me 3 photos to sales@silverpenparts.com, put resin contest in the subject line.
3- contest closes Aug 21st at midnight ESt, I will run a poll or polls to narrow down the entries to 10 if there are a lot of entries, and a runoff poll to determine the winner if need be,
4- you must be a member in good standing and the Universal Contest rules apply.
Prizes will be given, glory will be won, some will emerge triumphant while others just get to have fun.
Prizes,

Edited in, Entries will open Aug, 1st
first 4-6in diamond blanks $40 Mckenzie
second snake blank its_virgil
third koa blanks Kalai
Random bob MrVic if we have more than 5 entries.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes a One piece slim line or other pen style that only uses one tube will be allowed. We are not that mean.

Noot17

Maybe it's implied by your language, but can we segment the blank as long as the segments are resin too?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes. I thought about limiting the blanks to solid colors and may do so in the future. Such as anything cast into the blanks like pictures, cards, dials, etc. I cant think of a good reason not to let you use them unless I also banned blanks made by other people and sold to someone who entered it.

Darley

Yes. I thought about limiting the blanks to solid colors and may do so in the future. Such as anything cast into the blanks like pictures, cards, dials, etc. I cant think of a good reason not to let you use them unless I also banned blanks made by other people and sold to someone who entered it.

It's okay Michael, will wait when you will do a casting with anything in it , I do all my unique blanks and don't buy them to enter them as my own, if I do have a blank made by someone I mention is/her name, like the one I post on show of your pen

Thank you

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This contest is now open for entries. IF you dont receive an email from me confirming I received it within 24 hours PM me here and let me know.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You have about a day and a half to finish that pen if your going to get one into the contest. Now would probably be a good time to start if you havent already. This contest closes Tuesday night at Midnight Eastern time.

Top Bottom