A simple pen with a simple finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MedWoodWorx

MedWoodWorx

This pen was made from a piece of robinia (pseudoacacia aka locuct tree) that i harvested. I tried to keep it simple and i finished it with walnut oil only. The kit is an omega from taylors mirfield, any feedback is welcome, cheers.

Attachments

• 20230702_201358.jpg
    20230702_201358.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 20230702_201523.jpg
    20230702_201523.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20230702_201611.jpg
    20230702_201611.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

Elegant pen. Like the dark color and the bold grain of the wood.
Thank you, i was careless during assembly and there is no grain continuity (body and cap). However if the cap is screwed at the body ( something that nobody does..) the pattern is 100% !

sorcerertd

I like simple. This looks great.

The pictures could use some more depth of field, but from what I can tell, the grain looks much like bubinga, but obviously with a different color. I think it's as hard to get good pictures as it is to make some of the pens (for me, anyway)

MedWoodWorx

I like simple. This looks great.

The pictures could use some more depth of field, but from what I can tell, the grain looks much like bubinga, but obviously with a different color. I think it's as hard to get good pictures as it is to make some of the pens (for me, anyway)
thank you!i know but i am useless when it comes to photography..and taking pictures of objects like pens is really difficult with a phone (no manual focus etc.). i need to improve my setup however, do you use a proper camera?

sorcerertd

thank you!i know but i am useless when it comes to photography..and taking pictures of objects like pens is really difficult with a phone (no manual focus etc.). i need to improve my setup however, do you use a proper camera?
No, I use my phone also. I do have a basic SLR, but just haven't taken the time to set it up properly. On auto, the pictures come out about the same as my phone anyway.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful finished pen. I really like the stories behind self-harvested timbers. Yes, we all can buy wonderful blanks; but there are gems that we can use from around the corner. Well done and thanks for sharing.

MedWoodWorx

Beautiful finished pen. I really like the stories behind self-harvested timbers. Yes, we all can buy wonderful blanks; but there are gems that we can use from around the corner. Well done and thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I have never bought a blank, i cut and prepare my own. A few of them were cut from trees that i planted and watered etc.the long procedure is part of the craft i think, cheers

Top Bottom