A Short Visit To The Dallas Pen Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Friday and Saturday were pen days at the Dallas North Sheraton.
I got there Saturday about noon. The main room was overflowing with exhibitors and there were quite a few tables set up in the outside hallway. I would guess there were something on the order of a hundred tables set up.......I have never seen so many pens all together in one place before; but then I have never been to a pen show before either!!

There were so many pens that I sort of went on into pen shock and couldn't take it all in. I'll bet there were more than 10,000 pens being displayed and so many pens sort of numbed my mind so they all started to look alike.:hypnotized:

There were lots of $25 pens and a few $2500 pens. Never did see any that I liked as well as some I have seen here at IAP.

Out of all of the participating tables, I only saw two that were showing hand-made pens. One guy was from Tyler, Texas and the other was from Ohio. I also met a guy who was good friends with Anthony......his name escapes me right now.

My trip was time constrained and I only had an hour and a half to look around. Maybe I would have been able to get more out of my visit if I could have wandered around at a more leisurely pace??

Anyway, it was an interesting experience and it is on my calendar to do again, next time they have a show.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Glad you got to have a look around and give us a report on it. While I don't include myself in the group you mentioned here at IAP, It is good to know the fit and finish of some available here surpasses most of what you saw there.

Looking forward to your 'next year' report!

Top Bottom