A segmented comfort pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

So this was my entry into the segmented pen contest. I think I got about 3 votes. Lol Doesn't matter as the other contenders really had some nice looking work. Just shows me I have a long way to go. Anyway, I took some Mango and Dalbergia wood to make the main body stripes. I then bordered the stripes with some Avodire veneer. I then capped both ends with blue acylic. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_3037.JPG
    IMG_3037.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_3032.JPG
    IMG_3032.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Bobby, no matter of the votes. I thought this was an excellent segmented pen. It is a great platform to expand upon, as well as being great as displayed.

Well done, and continue on this path.

Dieseldoc

Bobby:

Segmenting is a challenge for all of us turners. For sure it's a learning curve and you can't always get it right the first or several other times ,
For me I started out with simple segments and moved on to more aggressive but during that time I found it required to spend more time on planning, detail and photo quality.

So don't let the challenge get you down, just keep working at it and results will happen.

My attached photo of pen came in middle of the pack, which I was happy with as the other turners had much better pen.

So how the bar has been raised ,I will except the challenge of putting more quality in my pen for next go around.

Bobby keep up the good work.

Cheers

Charlie

Attachments

• 8x10.jpg
    8x10.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Top Bottom