A reminder about kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I thought I would say a couple of words about checking the kits you order AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THEM :rolleyes: DON'T wait until you're ready to turn the pens. This was beaten to death years ago and, I guess I forgot :redface: I ordered 10 kits from a supplier. Two of the ten kits had leaking refills. Nice that, they were in a sealed sleeve along with the spring and, transmission. It was a month before I found this so, I got the answer I expected when I called to ask for a replacement. So, I cut the sleeves open and, cleaned up the spring and, transmission with mineral spirits. Mineral Spirits will take the ink off your hands eventually with, a lot of rubbing:rolleyes:

BTW, I'm sure this was an isolated incident :wink: But, check your orders anyway.

triw51

I purchased a large lot of sierra pen (30 kits) when a supplier had them on sale. It was several months before I could turn them and when I went to assemble the parts would not come together. Like I cut 1/4" off the tube, now this is not my first pen so I tried a different transmission still to short then I tried a different finial and it worked. out of the first 10 pens I turned I had 5 defected finials they were not drilled out completely. I tried to return the kits but the company would not let me. I was hopping mad. The company did make it right but I had to fight with them and then send in a sample of the defective part. So I know of what you speak and now I am more careful. Thank you for the warning

Top Bottom