A real balancing act

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bill Pettit

Bill Pettit

Hi all just joined and getting use to the site, was doing a little site surfing and found this spot. Which is a great way to show off some of your other talents. Bill. Now not giving away my age I originally did this project in high school way back in 1968.. it was in a magazine that was in the wood shop and we were urged to pick something to make. My shop teacher was a little skeptical but would never tell his students it was over your abilities. Sadly I lost the original somehow. Shortly after having to retire I wanted to see if my shop teacher was still kickin.. lol well low and behold I found him 83 and still working in his shop at home, I go visit now and then and we get a lesson plan or 2 in. This one pictured was turned from memory and is pretty close to the original. Enjoy! Bill P.S. Jack Masten my shop teacher gave me a 99 on it but I think he was just so proud that we reunited after all these yr.s

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

This is a lovely piece of work, Bill, and kudos to your old teacher.
I'm sure that he's glad that you tracked him down.
Alan, and welcome to the forum.

robutacion

Now, that is a great combination of well thought and turned pieces, congrats...!

I'm intrigued about the log slice you used as the base for the pics, I can't make my mind if it is Cork tree or a particular type of Ash tree that grows that undulated/corrugated bark very low from the ground up to 1' or 2' high, (I have an Ash like that growing in my back yard) so, what is it...?

Cheers
George

Bill Pettit

Now, that is a great combination of well thought and turned pieces, congrats...!

I'm intrigued about the log slice you used as the base for the pics, I can't make my mind if it is Cork tree or a particular type of Ash tree that grows that undulated/corrugated bark very low from the ground up to 1' or 2' high, (I have an Ash like that growing in my back yard) so, what is it...?

Cheers
George
George it is an very large Elm piece.

Top Bottom