A quick tip for the Forums.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
When Browsing through the threads before you reply take a quick look at the last post and check the last posting date. With the "simular threads" links posted at the bottom of the thread you started with, its easy to get involved in a thread thats out of date. Not that you cant add to the thread if you want to, but I have seen a couple that had new posts in multiple years old threads that had been resolved.
date sample.jpg

jttheclockman

I am glad you said this Mike. I do not know how many times I get snookered in to reading a thread thinking it was a new one and to find out how old it is. I know we are having a huge influx of new members and we encourage them to read as much as they can from years gone by because it helps extracting info that was talked about before. Then if they have questions it is better they start their own thread and ask away. This way here they can get fresh ideas or something new has developed over the years. Plus many times those member who started the thread are no longer joining in and will never see your replys. Now do not take any of this as a dis but an encouraging piece of advice to help us to help you. Happy Turning.

Top Bottom