A pretty pen loser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

So, this was my first entry into any contest. I didn't expect to win, but wanted to jump in anyway. Thanks to those couple people that voted for it. You made it worth the chance I took of getting ink on one of my wife's belly dance scarves that I used for the backdrop. LOL. Not that she uses them any more, but I'd still get in trouble.

It was the first time I've ever used this Panache kit. Kinda reminds me of a lipstick case. It was really hard to photograph closed because of the reflection. When I moved the light or camera (phone) to lose the reflection on the bottom, it was on the top, and vice versa. That was even with a diffuser. I must have taken 100 pics before I finally settled on these two.

The winners were quite deserving!

closed1a.jpg

open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

It is really hard to win the beautiful wood contest. The pen you presented is really nice. It is one contest where it isn't your creativity or ability at stake but rather if you happen to to present one which strikes a chord with the rest of us. More often than not it is angina burl!

magpens

It is really hard to win the beautiful wood contest. The pen you presented is really nice. It is one contest where it isn't your creativity or ability at stake but rather if you happen to to present one which strikes a chord with the rest of us. More often than not it is angina burl!

I assume that Angina Burl is the heart condition you get when you worry about winning or losing the "Pretty Wood" BASH contest. . . LOL !!! . Ha Ha !!!

Sorry, Steve ..... just had to respond in that humorous way .... no offense should be taken, please !!! . :D :D :D

You might have meant Amboyna Burl !!

sorcerertd

LOL to both angina and ammonia. Gotta love auto co-wreck.

The burls are always beautiful, and I just love chatoyant woods. I saw one a while back made out of some spalted magnolia. I think it was from a pwp contest before my time, but it was beautiful. You never know what's inside until you start carving.

jttheclockman

It actually was a nice choice because it was subtle and I like the kit and in fact I am working on a blank that goes on that same kit. It will be a segmented pen blank.. Good to get your feet wet. Try again this summer they have another set of contests

Top Bottom