A Pirate's Life For Me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Finished a few stocking stuffers for my SCUBA diving children. Not enough shop time this year, but these came out nice.
IMG_1235.jpg

My typical wood combination of Royal Poinciana and Black Palm. These are spalted Royal Poinciana that I got from wood128, on Pirate themed kits.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice timbers Mark. Glad you got some shop time.
This year has been... 'different.' My wife and I are at my In-Laws more and more assisting them. This is fine and I am happy to do it, but about 50% of the month is away, and then getting the basic chores done on our house results in about 2-3 days here and there to play. So these are pretty basic segments, but if felt good to dust off the lathe.

Take care Steve.
Nice, Mark. Have you seen the Scuba themed pens at Woodturningz?
Yup! They look nice. I had these from last year, so I'll work through my stock of kits.
Nice work, Mark !! šŸ˜

Do you have some Pirates in your life ? ..... don't hafta answer that !! .. LOL !
Well, I won't cross my wife :eek:
Cutlas and turn more,Mark I love your pens.
Peter, that means a lot coming from you. Thanks and be well Peter.
Very nice timbers Mark. Glad you got some shop time.
Cutlas and turn more,Mark I love your pens.

Peter.
Very nice. Looks like wood and materials one my see on a pre 20th century ship.

Royal Poinciana and the Black Palm (coconut) are common in the Caribbean.
"Yo Ho, Yo Ho, the pirates life for me". Sorry, got caught up in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney World. Nice looking pens Mark.

Did you notice the friend of mine I'm leaning on?

I have admired your drinking partner! Very nice!
Great Iooking group Mark! The wood colors and character go really well together. Very Nice!
Thanks John. Simple but a good combination. I hope your life is getting more relaxing.

Top Bottom