A piece of Gum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Red Gum I received from Fred (BigShed) in Australia . Black TI Cigar , with CA finish . Made this pen after a disaster with a really nice Tiger Myrtle from Fred also . Comments appreciated ! Thanks for looking .

Attachments

• IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigShed

Good looking pen there Charles (nice bit of timber too!:)) Very good fit and finish and I particularly like the combination of the red with the Black Ti.

Very well done.

How did you find the Red Gum to turn?

Sorry to hear about the Tiger Myrtle, sometimes we have these oopsies:eek:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all !

Fred , the Red Gum was very easy to turn . A turners delite . The Tiger Myrtle was nice to turn as well . It turned and finished the same as this one . My problem occured during assembly of a Baron , when pressing the plastic trim pieces into the lower barrel . The chrome pieces seem to be too large in diameter for the tube to receive them , and I forced them . Split the ends and , ruined the black plastic threaded end pieces . This is the only Baron I've had this problem with , out of an order of 40 kits . It stinks though tthat it happens with a nice piece of timber like the Tiger Myrtle .

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 122

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well, here it really is in all it's glory now!

attachment.jpg

Thanks to Chuck! It resides in the Great White North now as part of his swap to me. I hope mine gets to him just as quckly!

Attachments

• 001 013 (Medium).jpg
    001 013 (Medium).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 250

Rick_G

Very nice Chuck I received a piece of that red gum from Sam (Simomatra) in a swap a while ago I know what it will look like finished now. To bad about the Baron Looks like it would have looked real nice.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you Rick . Sam makes some superior looking pens as does Fred (BigShed) You should expect to enjoy turning this timber .

Thanks to everyone for your comments . Mack , I didn't get the pen today . The excitement is building !! :biggrin:
Very nice Chuck I received a piece of that red gum from Sam (Simomatra) in a swap a while ago I know what it will look like finished now. To bad about the Baron Looks like it would have looked real nice.

Top Bottom