A Pen of Many Firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AngryRhino

AngryRhino

Hi All! This is my first attempt at segmenting AND my first time using deer antler.

This is a pen made of Curly Koa, aluminum as the segment spacers, and white tail deer antler on a chrome Sierra stylus style pen kit.

Photo will be exceptionally bad, coming from a cell phone w/ horrible lighting, but it's the best i've got right now. The actual finish is much more lusterous than it appears in the photo. Also, there is some of the outter bark left on the pen, and it's not pure white, as it appears in the photo.

GG1lpxH.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rctaz

Very nice! I enjoy working with anter, Im working on a segmented one right now just havent had the time to get it finished.

AngryRhino

Antler is pretty fun to work with, for sure! The smell is god awful though, but at least wearing a dust mask lessens that substantially.

AngryRhino

Thanks guys! I definitely enjoyed the experience.

It left me inspired to do another -- I think I'm going to do a rhodium 30 cal bullet pen for my dad for Christmas that will have antler segmented with some really red blood wood.

Can't wait to see how that comes out!

hobbyist2013

That is an elegant pen! I wouldn't even know where to begin with a project like this one. Great work! Maybe a little practice with the presentaion/camera.

Ambidex

would love to see better pics if you have the chance..and more info how you made that beauty..love working with antler and so far every time I've tried to segment I end up with, well, segments..:redface:

Top Bottom