A pen of firsts..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dubdrvrkev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

This one has alot of firsts. First jr. gent, first fountain, first cocobolo. Feel free to critique.

20056173946_cocobolo%20jr%20ftn%20crop.jpg

20056173109_cocobolo%20jr%20ftn%20crop%20B.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very very nice Kevin, good fit and the finish is letter perfect...
The gentle curve of the body is nice and understated... that is about the most curve I put on a Baron/Jr Gent style pen... I think anymore than that is overdoing it...
And of course I find you can't go wrong with cocobolo.. it is one of my best selling woods... people just seem to love it.. you did a wonderful job on the finish also.. because of the oil, I rarely CA my cocobolo pens.. I occassionally get a fog spot unless I use cellulose sealer first...
You are dead on with this pen... Congrats
Now when are you sending it to me... [}:)]

esheffield

Great pen, very nicely done! Ditto with everyone else on the fit and finish. Did my first cocobolo recently as well with an Enduro finish - I love it (wood and finish both)! What finish technique did you use? [?]

dubdrvrkev

Thanks for all the nice comments. It means a lot coming from the craftsmen (women too) that we have here.
The finish was a long one, actually more that one [;)] I sanded it back down after finishing once and not being satisfied. So I started the second one with cellulose sealer, then CA, of course MM all the way, then TSW, and Ren wax to top it off. I have to say it is one of my best pieces to date. Oh BTW I sold it already too [:D]. I have a little interest in my buckeye burl from my other post too, so maybe it'll be a good friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom