A Pen for a friend!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

So I have a few other hobbies as I'm sure everyone here does. I also collect coins. I have coin forum friend that I've communicated with for several years. He sent me and my wife some Texas mugs for our anniversary a couple years ago. This year I wanted to make something for him. He lives in Florida and is an avid pool player. So I made him this West Tx mesquite cigar pen and did a little engraving on it. I put a pool related engraving on one side and his name on the other. This mesquite turned out a little better as it had a nice open spot on the grain to do a nice engraving.

Attachments

• Side one.jpg
    Side one.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 244
  • side two.jpg
    side two.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Cool !! . Is that a CA finish ? . Whatever finish it is, does it go on after the engraving ?

You did a nice job of integrating the pool theme ... I like it !! Gonna hafta look into gettin' an engraver !
I can see that it really makes a difference when it comes to gift pens.

bsshog40

Cool !! . Is that a CA finish ? . Whatever finish it is, does it go on after the engraving ?

You did a nice job of integrating the pool theme ... I like it !! Gonna hafta look into gettin' an engraver !
I can see that it really makes a difference when it comes to gift pens.
That is a CA finish Mal! My phone just doesn't do a whole lot of justice on these darker pens and showing that finish that well. I need to break out my good camera and start using it. I did the engraving before the CA finish. That way I could fill the engraving in as I coated it and you can't feel it after it's finished. I really like this Neje3500. It's a lot easier to engrave on a big cigar pen though so I haven't had the need to get a jig yet. Lol

Top Bottom