A pair of Toni Ransfield blank pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gregf

Gregf

A couple of Athena pens using Toni's fabulous blanks.
Really can't take credit for how nice they look, I only had to put a finish on them.

Used Gluboost and finished with Magic Juice for final polish.

I can take credit for salvaging the first pen.
I ordered blanks for the Athena from Toni.
Turners Warehouse started selling the Athena 88 that uses the Schmidt 88 clicker.
Much preferring the Schmidt clickers I switched to the 88.
Pressed the pen, doesn't work.
Did I check that the Athena 88 tube is the same length as the Athena?
Noooooo.
The Athena tube is longer than the Athena 88.

Salvaged the situation by making an extender like I make for the PSI EDC Dura Click.
Made the second one the same way.
So I guess this could be called a Long Body Athena 88.

Toni Athena.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Those are VERY BEAUTIFUL PENS ! ! ! . . . . and I think you can take credit . . . . finishing does take some skillful experience ! ! !

I assume that the body (barrel, brass tube) for the Athena88 is shorter than for the original Athena.

Right ?

I looked on the website, expecting to find instruction sheets for making/assembling both kits, but could not find.

Gregf

Those are VERY BEAUTIFUL PENS ! ! ! . . . . and I think you can take credit . . . . finishing does take some skillful experience ! ! !

I assume that the body (barrel, brass tube) for the Athena88 is shorter than for the original Athena.

Right ?

I looked on the website, expecting to find instruction sheets for making/assembling both kits, but could not find.
Couldn't find instructions either, but they are really simple. Press the lower coupler, then the upper. About the only thing I haven't screwed up recently!

Top Bottom