A Pair of Segmented Ultra Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John Eldeen

John Eldeen

Today for your viewing pleasure we have a couple of Ultra Cigar pens wrapped in some segmented blanks. Enjoy :)
First with the green and yellow card stock separators is a mix of Monkeypod and spalted Jackfruit.
Next with blue card stock separators is a mix of Koa, Lychee, and some more spalted Jackfruit.

As always question, comments and critiques are welcome and encouraged.
20190827_144831.jpg

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 202
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

For the green one, the basic segmentation pattern seems to repeat 4 times, going around the pen, and for the blue one, 8 times. . Am I correct ?

John Eldeen

For the green one, the basic segmentation pattern seems to repeat 4 times, going around the pen, and for the blue one, 8 times. . Am I correct ?
Yes Mal there are 4 strips of card stock on the green one and 8 on the blue one. The blue one is Koa, card stock, Lychee, card stock, and then repeat

jttheclockman

These turned out real well. The colors do pop. There is alot of different types of segmenting involved there and all looks spot on. Job well done and thanks for showing.

Those are awesome! I must be different because I like the green/yellow best. The colors of the stock with the wood is more appealing to my eye and with less segments it's not quite as busy. You killed it with both of them.

TonyL

Today for your viewing pleasure we have a couple of Ultra Cigar pens wrapped in some segmented blanks. Enjoy :)
First with the green and yellow card stock separators is a mix of Monkeypod and spalted Jackfruit.
Next with blue card stock separators is a mix of Koa, Lychee, and some more spalted Jackfruit.

As always question, comments and critiques are welcome and encouraged. View attachment 224606
Wow!

John Eldeen

John: Just how high are you going to raise the bar for the rest of us, again great work.
Charlie it is not my fault every time I make one I get 5 more ideas to try then before I get a chance to make any of those I come here and get more ideas looking at everyone else's work. I actually take notes with ideas because I can't remember them all. LOL šŸ˜Ž

Buckmark13

WOW!

The only thing that would make it better would be if you had a video showing the process you go through. It's beyond my skill set now as I'm just starting out, but I'd love to see these being made.

jttheclockman

WOW!

The only thing that would make it better would be if you had a video showing the process you go through. It's beyond my skill set now as I'm just starting out, but I'd love to see these being made.

There are about 3 or 4 different segmenting techniques used an those pens and each one has been discussed here and there are write-ups in the library. When you want to try a certain technique just reference it and we all can help. With each techniques comes different methods and ways to accomplish them so one way is not always the way. You will find that in all aspects of pen making. But happy journey.

John Eldeen

WOW!

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately as for videos I am pretty sure I have a face that was made more for radio and voice made for books. LOL
This might be past you skills now as it was for me as well but you will get there here is a link to a post where I explain my process in some detail.

With that said feel free to ask any questions you would like we are all here to share are knowledge and grow in the hobby from it.

Top Bottom