A pair if Satin Nickel Cigars in Olivewood for a dear friend and his wife.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

A dear friend and golfing buddy was in hospice last October with congestive heart failure. It was a very grime situation all around. His daughter moved up her wedding so he could give her away before the grim reaper came to his doorstep.

It turns out that there was a silver lining to all of this. His hospice nurse looked at his medications and there was a bit of a conflict with what his cardiologist had him on. They made some adjustments and his health started to improve. I went golfing with him last Thursday and even though he was weakened from his aliment and ordeal he was in very good spirits.

He had an appointment with a new cardiologist on Friday and one of his labs showed he no longer had congestive heart failure . He is due to get a defibrillator but things are very much improved.

I decided to make him and his wife a couple of pens using some Bethlehem Olivewood since it seems that prayer and positive thinking has turned the tide.
I used some walnut oil and buffed with carnuba wax for a soft tactile finish. I'll drop them off in a day or two.

DSCN0374.jpg DSCN0375.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very uplifting story ....

.... and ....

two very beautiful pens !!! . Thanks for showing !!

Nice pens, I hope he doesn't try to smoke them (or a real cigar with his health). He owes that Hospice nurse for what she found...good for her, she was on the ball.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful story and two awesome pens. Thanks for sharing - nice stories are very welcomed now. ;)

jjjaworski

I just got back from dropping off these pens for my friend and his wife.
When I got there my friend was in his garage working away on cribbage boards. He had a couple of piles of them all edge routed and drilled for the pegs. It was a joy to see him doing something he really likes to do.

A week and a half ago he went out to finally play some golf and was still pretty weak and only was able to finish 4 holes before he left the course. Mind you he was in a golf cart and the only walking he did was from the cart to his ball. He told me that yesterday he was able to play all 18 holes from tee to green and bested his younger playing partner by 7 strokes. It was quite a turn around from his fragile state in October.

He was very happy to get the pens and even said he would let his wife have first choice. ( He is also a wise man ).

He gave be a couple of shorts of Black Limba leftover from his cribbage board projects as well.

It was a heart warming visit.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great looking pens and I know they will be appreciated.

As to the story, my sister had a similar problem about 6 years ago. She signed up for Hospice care and suddenly one alert nurse said there were some minor but strange conflicts in the diagnosis and meds. The nurse talked with one of my sister's doctors and he had my sister retested. Adjustments were made and she made a full comeback within months with the correct diagnosis and meds.

The wrong meds (even minor amounts) or mis-diagnosis can be devastating. Glad to hear your friend is doing well now.

jjjaworski

Great looking pens and I know they will be appreciated.

As to the story, my sister had a similar problem about 6 years ago. She signed up for Hospice care and suddenly one alert nurse said there were some minor but strange conflicts in the diagnosis and meds. The nurse talked with one of my sister's doctors and he had my sister retested. Adjustments were made and she made a full comeback within months with the correct diagnosis and meds.

The wrong meds (even minor amounts) or mis-diagnosis can be devastating. Glad to hear your friend is doing well now.

It does make you wonder how things like this can happen with all the advances in medicine. Good to hear your sister was fortunate as well to have someone notice the medication issues.

jttheclockman

Pens are great but the story is even better. Great to hear a story with a happy ending with all that is going on in the world right now. Need a few more of these for sure. Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom