A new material on an Atrax

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Not going to say much about it just yet as I'm still trying to collect all the details on name and availability (if at all), but I wanted to show some pictures anyway.

Enjoy :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_6191.jpg
    IMG_6191.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_6182.jpg
    IMG_6182.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_6192.jpg
    IMG_6192.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_6196.jpg
    IMG_6196.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Carl that is beautiful,
It looks like reasonably large pieces Gold Leaf suspended in the Resin catching the light at differing angles. (I am probably wrong, but that is about the best I can come up with from your exemplary photographs).
The Fit and Finish is Superb, while the Pen completes the Perfect Picture.
Congratulations.
Brian

Carl Fisher

I don't think the Atrax has a Ti Gold kit...at least not that I've seen. It's the standard gold from Berea.

I would say it's hard but also felt brittle to turn. Because I don't know if I can get more or not, I took VERY light cuts to be safe. Drilling was where the learning experience was. I've never had a plastic smoke. Some sort of lubricant is absolutely required to drill. I keep a squeeze bottle of water with a few drops of dish soap on hand for sanding. I used that and it was a whole different experience and the drill bit went right on through.

walshjp17

Very nice done. I have turned a few pieces that sound similar to your Cellulose Acetate. They do turn nicely, but caution is the watchword.

Top Bottom