A new guy in southwest Missouri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SSWoods

Hello everyone,

I am a relatively new turner. I retired last April. I was considering several hobbies to occupy some of my free time when a few months later I came across an advertisement for someone selling their lathe. I'd enjoyed turning in junior high and early high school, so I thought 'why not'. Many dollars later, I am now committed. šŸ˜ I've turned a few hundred small items since then; items such as pens, sewing items, bottle stoppers, game calls, bedside bowls, gnomes, tops, Christmas trees and ornaments, etc. I do both wood and acrylic. Until Christmas I was selling the items I made at a local farmers market. I expected to sell mostly pens. It turns out that I sold several sewing items for every pen. Go figure. I have only turned a few larger bowls, but I want to do more of the larger and more time consuming items now that the Christmas selling season is over. So, while I've spent quite a few hours this last year turning, I still have a LOT to learn. I'm looking forward to both learning and contributing in this forum.

Regards,
Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Andrew,
Welcome. Formerly lived in Christian Co, MO. Make time for Trout fishing on Taneycomo. Watched Phil Lilley's video from yesterday, he didn't look too comfortable.
This is the best site for help, information, and friendship.

Csteck00

Welcome Andrew...I was in Springfield for many years before moving to Northwest Arkansas. This is the best site on the web for information and sharing of ideas.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Hello and Welcome to our home. We have many ideas and Downloadable PDF tutorials for your review.

Here's an Introductory Document for Reference.

Complete List of Forums

Menu of all IAP Library Articles, References, Tips, Tutorials

Pen Kit Suppliers - World Wide

Which Pen Suppliers do you Purchase from? (Poll)

Have Fun!

Top Bottom