A new group of Styli

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from juteck

juteck

A coworker's wife wanted a stylus in red and pink and maybe black, as a gift for one of her coworkers. I came up with these as options for her to consider. Comments / critiques welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-2752592140.jpg
    image-2752592140.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 321
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penultimate

I like all of them.

it appears that there is no conductive path between the hand and the nib. How do the styli work? I thought it was necessary for the user to touch metal that was connected to the conductive rubber nib. Thus the user was part of the capacitive circuit.

longbeard

I like all of them.

it appears that there is no conductive path between the hand and the nib. How do the styli work? I thought it was necessary for the user to touch metal that was connected to the conductive rubber nib. Thus the user was part of the capacitive circuit.

As long as you have a brass tube in the blank, it will work. At least thats how i make mine.

By the way, i like them all, the left and right ones are the way i make just a stylus, i sell alot of slimline sylus' when it comes to having both in one.

Last edited:

juteck

I hadn't tried these ones out, but my coworker did -- all three worked fine - all three have a brass tube lining.

For the styli on the left and right, I did not use a dedicated kit - I robbed the clip and finial from a couple of chrome slimlines, cut off a section of brass tube from some 10" lengths I had, and used the replacement tips from Berea. Berea now has several tip colors to choose from now - the one on the left has the new red tip.

I like the sierra one the best, followed by the one on the right. I'm not a big fan of the "fake camo" blanks, including the pink/red/black/white one on the left.

My coworker's wife is still deciding which one she wants to gift out. After reading some of the other posts on torn tips on the sierra style, I hope if they pick that one they don't have any issues. Time will tell, I'm sure.

Thanks for your comments.

Top Bottom