A new batch of Pepper mills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TellicoTurning

Finished these up today... been working on them for about a month.. intermittently.... haven't been really all that ambitious in the shop lately.

92021 pepper mills (1).JPG

Glue ups of various woods, Nicaraguan Rosewood, Spalted beech, Yellow wood, Bloodwood, Spectraply Winewood, Spectraply Coffee, Bocote and probably a couple I've forgotten.... Range from 9 1/2" to 10 1/2" tall.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Those are really nice. What mechanism do you use?
I use the Crush grind mechanism from Ideal....

Hope to see you this Saturday at the market, Chuck.
I'll be there if my truck is back running... it's got a couple of bad cylinders that causes it to cut out and shutter every time I go up a hill...
It's in the shop tomorrow... have already missed 2 markets so far.

jrista

Looks great! Love the segmenting. Never thought of mixing spectraply with normal woods. Looks good.

Looks great! Love the segmenting. Never thought of mixing spectraply with normal woods. Looks good.
Wish I could take credit for the idea, but saw another artist that used the spectraply mixed with other woods... copied his idea.
I buy the pepper mill blanks, 3x3x12 inch , slice them into different sizes, usually 1x3x12 and incorporate into my glue ups... you could buy the panels and not have to slice up a mill blank.

Top Bottom