A mistral FP for mr... maybe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

I've never made a nice fountain pen for myself, I've been using a Vertex and it hasn't stood the test of time. I wanted something nicer and really liked the Mistral I made for my daughter so I made another. I'm not sure if I want it now, it's a bit small/light for me and I've been eyeing the Jr Statesman. If I decide not to keep it I'm giving it to a coworker who likes them but doesn't have one. She was gifted a Lamy before she came to our clinic and it "disappeared". If I keep it I'll make another for her.
The blank was made from Silmar 41 and I used magic purple, wine red, silver pearl, and silver micas. I added HoK ice pearls to the purple for some sparkle. One thing about the kit: The finial cap can be a bear to press into the finial. I thought I was going to blow the blank apart on my daughter's so I reamed the hole and this one went in a lot easier. Even though it was still a snug fit I added a drop of medium CA to be safe.

925417FA-A573-40E2-9E81-B8B320CD5E66.jpegB87F8FD7-08AF-4ED3-8853-3355E60D99F3.jpegE194E43C-406B-4A1D-B183-11A4EB2D1A80.jpegD23DBE37-9DBA-4BFA-8D03-1BED35672835.jpegED58FA2C-9C13-4FFE-8F7D-C60D101C2097.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crunch

I've never made a nice fountain pen for myself, I've been using a Vertex and it hasn't stood the test of time. I wanted something nicer and really liked the Mistral I made for my daughter so I made another. I'm not sure if I want it now, it's a bit small/light for me and I've been eyeing the Jr Statesman. If I decide not to keep it I'm giving it to a coworker who likes them but doesn't have one. She was gifted a Lamy before she came to our clinic and it "disappeared". If I keep it I'll make another for her.
The blank was made from Silmar 41 and I used magic purple, wine red, silver pearl, and silver micas. I added HoK ice pearls to the purple for some sparkle. One thing about the kit: The finial cap can be a bear to press into the finial. I thought I was going to blow the blank apart on my daughter's so I reamed the hole and this one went in a lot easier. Even though it was still a snug fit I added a drop of medium CA to be safe.

View attachment 231542View attachment 231543View attachment 231544View attachment 231545View attachment 231546
Your work never fails to amaze me. Well done!!! and I like the looks of that kit. I'll have to try to find one.

Thanks for the kind replies! I'm still debating on keeping or gifting. I like the color mix so leaning towards keeping. I know the future recipient likes blues, purples, & teal (like my daughter does) and I already have 2 blanks in those colors. I made 3 and chose the best for my daughter's pen so I think fate is telling me something here.

Top Bottom