A lot of firsts in this one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from southernclay

southernclay

Hope you enjoy this pen. A lot of firsts on this project including:

-First pen I've made posted on IAP
-First non slimline I've turned
-First non wood I've turned

The kit is a black chrome Sierra and blank is a Brooks I got in a box of short blanks from him a few weeks ago. Finished with One-Step plastic polish. I'm extremely happy with the result and loved turning something a little larger than the slimline. Doing a single barrel was pretty cool too. Thanks for looking and C&C welcome!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TwoCatsPens

Nice. Sierras are a fun pen to turn, and you got just the right amount of curve in it. Not too Fat, not too Thin.

I don't know if it's the blank that has a lot of copper color in it, or if you didn't paint the tube before you glued up. If you didn't that's cool, but it can come back and bite you on some blanks. Not picking on ya. that's a great pen, and one I'd slip into my shirt pocket in heartbeat if you looked the other way for a second.

Steve
Pen? What Pen? Look...SQUIRREL!

southernclay

Nice. Sierras are a fun pen to turn, and you got just the right amount of curve in it. Not too Fat, not too Thin.

I don't know if it's the blank that has a lot of copper color in it, or if you didn't paint the tube before you glued up. If you didn't that's cool, but it can come back and bite you on some blanks. Not picking on ya. that's a great pen, and one I'd slip into my shirt pocket in heartbeat if you looked the other way for a second.

Steve
Pen? What Pen? Look...SQUIRREL!

Haha thanks! Good eye too, totally forgot about painting this and one more blank until I had the tubes glued in, worked out nice on this one....we'll see on the next one.....maybe I should say I meant to on this one though? :biggrin: Thanks again for the feedback
Warren

longbeard

Very nice Warren. You will find yourself doing more of the sierra style pens now, they are a nice single tube pen with lots of options for the blank. Nice job

Harry(brooks blanks rock)M

Last edited:
Top Bottom