01-22-20a.jpg
    844.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 01-22-20b.jpg
    01-22-20b.jpg
    779 KB · Views: 351
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenHog

Very nice work!

Carl, if you wouldn't mind (and if you remember), could you report back on how the lacquered nib holds up over time?

If I'm seeing things correctly, it looks like a Bock 250 nib. I've been interested in the black and red lacquered nibs (Beaufort has them), but I came across a thread where the user claimed that the lacquer on a *different* nib degraded quickly, revealing the metal beneath. Other users chimed in with similar experiences. This is the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/7l2oec

Carl Pepka

Very nice work!

Carl, if you wouldn't mind (and if you remember), could you report back on how the lacquered nib holds up over time?

If I'm seeing things correctly, it looks like a Bock 250 nib. I've been interested in the black and red lacquered nibs (Beaufort has them), but I came across a thread where the user claimed that the lacquer on a *different* nib degraded quickly, revealing the metal beneath. Other users chimed in with similar experiences. This is the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/7l2oec

Will do if she uses it enough. I wondered the same thing about the lacquer. It is a Bock. Which I'm not thrilled with using now that I've tried them, very little thread on them compared to a Jowo and it makes making the nib section a lot harder. I had the tap and wanted to try them.

PenHog

Will do if she uses it enough. I wondered the same thing about the lacquer. It is a Bock. Which I'm not thrilled with using now that I've tried them, very little thread on them compared to a Jowo and it makes making the nib section a lot harder. I had the tap and wanted to try them.

Thanks, Carl. Very interesting about Bock. I've only used Bock so far, and I've found their nibs to be pleasant in terms of writing experience. I've not had a chance to try Jowo nibs, perhaps I should.

Carl Pepka

Thanks, Carl. Very interesting about Bock. I've only used Bock so far, and I've found their nibs to be pleasant in terms of writing experience. I've not had a chance to try Jowo nibs, perhaps I should.

My saying I wasnt thrilled was only in making the nib section for them, Jowo has 3 times the amount of threads. Dont know how they write since I have never used a fountain pen :D

Top Bottom