A Little help?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

A friend of mine brought me a pen from his trip to Alaska. I have given him a couple of pens I have made to honor his Navy service. The pen he brought has gold leaf suspended in clear liquid at the top end. As such, there is no mechanism in the pen above the center, so conventional pens like slimlines won't work.

The ink cartridge and twist mechanism is contained in the bottom half of the pen. I have included a couple of pictures to let you see what I am trying to explain. One includes a tape measure to demonstrate the size of the cartridge.

The question is this: Where would I purchase a mechanism to build such a pen? I was really impressed with it and would like to try my hand at doing one.

Thanks!
Warren

Attachments

• IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    412.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 147
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

It appears to be a twist ballpoint with a half-length Cross-style refill . . . . is that right ?

I believe there may be some available kits like that, but I would not know the names of such kits . . . if they do in fact exist.

You might send off some inquiries to the various well-known vendors . . . there aren't all that many and it might prove worthwhile.

Mr Vic

Any of the pens that use a mini refill like the credit card pens, lanyard or keychain pen kits. You'd have to modify it a bit.

Edit: Buy a Teachers Pen Kit and you can make two.

Last edited:

MRDucks2

I have seen the cross mini refills at WoodCraft and at least one online vendor, though not sure if it was Exotic Blanks or not.

howsitwork

The mechanism appears to be, as already noted , a lanyard type kit . Haven't seen them for a while but this is listed as available still

Warren White

I appreciate all of the replies! I will look into the kits mentioned. I am not sure I know enough to duplicate the pen, but it will be a large step forward to see that the kit is available..

Thank you!
Warren

Top Bottom