A little different web

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mb757

mb757

I've been playing around with using a web pattern on a pen blank, started off with a 42 piece segment and turned it down. Not really happy with the pattern so I turned a second one on a different axis, better, but not really what I was working towards. I'm posting a photo of the blank on a Sierra kit, not really happy with that either, but it's a work in process. The pen blank is made out of Padauk, Maple and Dyed White veneer.

Attachments

• DSCF0901.jpg
    DSCF0901.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCF0904.jpg
    DSCF0904.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF0912.jpg
    DSCF0912.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCF0914.jpg
    DSCF0914.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCF0921.jpg
    DSCF0921.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 281
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJBPenmaker

Crikey, what a fabulous piece of work it already is!
Brilliant. Must take a lot of patience.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

OZturner

Brilliant Concept,
Obviously the more segments you create, the more Intersections.
Then more exposure and difficulty you have in maintaining the Alignment.
The smallest variation in the segments, or the thickness of adhesive, will all compound, from an almost in-perceivable variation, to a significant perceptible Miss - Alignment.
I applaud and appreciate the difficulty and intense attention required to obtain near perfect reproduction and alignment of all those segments. I certainly would not have the Skill, Persistence, Concentration, Ability, or the necessary Resources, or Equipment, to tackle such a complex Project.

I will have to settle and be content to apply "Less being More", and Applaud the Achievements of those who can Produce Beautiful Objects with Masterful Skill.

I Look forward to your Future Web Segmenting, and wish you every success, and more "Power to your Arm".
Thank you for Showing,
Brian.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark, my opinion only - I think you are doing some of the more innovative segmenting recently shown. Well done, and please continue.

Yes, some tweaking to do, but that is to be expected with the complexity of your patterns.

Darn Nice work!

magpens

That is a very complex task you are undertaking !! . I admire your patience and skills.

mb757

Thanks for the kind words, a couple of things I'm kicking around: different kit, more segments and change the axis again. Needs a larger canvas to bring out the web, try it on a statesman kit or something in a larger blank. Just thinking out loud (lol), it's not bad, just not right.

Bryguy

Beautiful work. ? I admire your patience and eye for detail. What are you using for a saw for these tiny pieces

mb757

Beautiful work. ? I admire your patience and eye for detail. What are you using for a saw for these tiny pieces

Using a Table Saw and a Power Miter Saw. I do have a couple of home made jigs that I use to keep the pieces from falling through.

mb757

Thanks Mark, that would work well for the application. I just need to get off my butt and get gluing.

Top Bottom