A Little Box to put things in....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
It's Mothers Day here in the UK and the kids are away at Uni and I'm about to hit the road, so I made a little box for my much better half 'to put stuff in'. ( do you remember who said that?:wink: )
Anyway, it's a beautiful casting by George Watkins of course. I'm a massive fan of his stuff so bought this a while back. I wanted to have a threaded lid but also didn't want to lose too much of the matching halfs ( halves?) so added metal threads.
It's my very first box and also my first of George's blanks. Not the last!!:biggrin:

My wife and I cruised George's web site to find a style she liked. She wanted the ringed barrel with a slightly pointy top.

She loves it, so all is good....:biggrin:

Thanks George!!:wink:
I hope you all like it too.:)

Attachments

• DSCF2089.JPG
    DSCF2089.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF2090.JPG
    DSCF2090.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCF2086.JPG
    DSCF2086.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Wow,what a beauty!!!

I've never seen metal threads on a box,that's a great idea.Have you thought about selling thread kits? I think they would really sell.

x2 on this for the front page pic!

Steve

JohnU

I'm a big fan of both you and George's work so naturally I think that looks awesome. I love the "Skiprat touch" the metal threads. They work very well with the box color and shape. Beautiful work by you both!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yes, I like it very much. Thanks for adding metal threads. Nice and, clean and, pretty too. I need to make something for Susanne :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for the kind comments guys.:biggrin: Always appreciated:wink:
I just arrived at my digs for this week, traffic was a nightmare!!!
Less than 300 miles in 7 hours!! Too late for grub .....:(

George, don't hang up your tools just yet!! I still want to get the amazing finish that you do. :)
Missus want's a matching salt and pepper pot set, so we'll be on your site again soon.:)

Old Codger

What a BEAUTIFUL little box!!! Your idea of adding metal threads is a super idea and from everyone's response, well liked too! The metal threads available from Lee Valley are perfect for smaller boxes but many of us would love to find a source for larger threads for larger boxes... Does anyone have a source for those or have an idea on how to make them? Again, thanks for sharing your beautiful project and safe turning to you!

Si90

Fantastic little box Skip. The threads are a nice touch to raise the level.

George makes some fantastic blanks doesn't he.

sbwertz

If I remember correctly, it was a pot of honey, and Pooh, ate all the honey and gave Eeyore the empty pot...a pot to put things in.

Stunning box!

Fishinbo

That box looks stunning, love the attractive colors and grains. The finish is awesome and it's really cool that you add the metal threads. Great job!

Top Bottom