Don’t judge this too harshly. It’s my first attempt at this type of turning (I’m not even sure what you call it) and I knew it would be a learning experience and boy was it. I used some maple that I had lying around rather than a nice piece of burl that I purchased to do one of these. First off, I added blue pearl-ex powder to give it some blue color. I added too much so it’s not as transparent as I would like. Secondly, my whale was less dense than the alumilite. I suspended with fishing line thinking it would sink, it actually floated upward in the pressure pot. This contributed to other issues. I mixed up some more alumilite to pour on top of the cast but dropped the cup creating one heck of a mess. After cleaning up my mess I mixed up the remainder of my resin but did not have enough to get the depth that I wanted. This caused my whale to be to close to the top and did not give me room to make a sphere. Despite my issues, I think this is a promising start.