A Jr Gent weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

A friend borrowed my DSLR camera so cell phone pics will have to do for this time. The blanks were glued a while ago and I found some time to turn and finish these over the weekend. Jr Gents dressed in pommele bubinga, amboyna burl, and curly koa. CA finish.
C&C welcome.
Fred

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 266
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Each pen is excellent. The fit and finish on each is superb, as I did look at each picture blown up.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Fred Bruche

Thank you all for the encouraging comments!
Can you tell I'm thinking about the pretty wood contest for the next bash?? :biggrin: :bananen_smilies046:

PenPal

Three sets of outstanding pens ,finish is magical,pictures are terrific,best of Junior Gents as a group for some time.

Immaculate finishes,showroom editions displaying these timbers in the best way.

I am really impressed and amazed, raising the standard this way is wonderful.

Peter.

Fred Bruche

Oh wow :redface: now I'm not sure how to top that kind of praise, but I'll try :redface:
Thanks Peter!

Three sets of outstanding pens ,finish is magical,pictures are terrific,best of Junior Gents as a group for some time.

Immaculate finishes,showroom editions displaying these timbers in the best way.

I am really impressed and amazed, raising the standard this way is wonderful.

Peter.

hokie

Is that amboyna you got what I've seen marketed as "golden amboyna" lately? I have a bunch of it and haven't turned any, so I'd love to know if that's what I get to look forward to.
Thanks!

Fred Bruche

Yes, it was sold as "golden amboyna burl". But from what I can read all amboyna burl are the from same tree species (Pterocarpus macrocarpus), just with color variations for some reason.
(The eBay seller is from Canada, really great to deal with, PM for details if you are interested and can't locate him).

Is that amboyna you got what I've seen marketed as "golden amboyna" lately? I have a bunch of it and haven't turned any, so I'd love to know if that's what I get to look forward to.
Thanks!

hokie

I think I bought from the same guy! Including the pomelle bunting. Haha
He seems to have dropped off eBay for some time now. I always loved browsing his store for cool woods.

SteveAxelrod

Having won the last Pretty Wood pen contest I can say that any one of your pens would have been a contender. The quality and composition of your photos is great. All of my photos are taken on my LG G5. If you're not familiar with focus stacking software you might find it interesting and will enable you to tweak your photos to the next level. Darn...just gave away one of my secrets!

Fred Bruche

Thanks for the kind comment Steve!
My cell phone is probably too primitive to get a focus stacking option. I have a few DSLR cameras and tilt-shift lenses that do actually as good a job as focus stacking (and in one shot), especially for items as large as a pen. Maybe that could be good enough for the next level ;) See ya at the next bash! #micdrop

Having won the last Pretty Wood pen contest I can say that any one of your pens would have been a contender. The quality and composition of your photos is great. All of my photos are taken on my LG G5. If you're not familiar with focus stacking software you might find it interesting and will enable you to tweak your photos to the next level. Darn...just gave away one of my secrets!

Top Bottom