A Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

I have a freind who came home from nam with a Purple Heart. Now he has this thing about the wood Purpleheart and I have always wanted to make him a nice pen.
The only credit I can take for the blank is that I talked Wolftat (Neil) into making it for me. The two woods are Dogwood and PurpleHeart. I will be seeing my friend in two weeks and he has no ideal about this pen at all.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That looks fantastic. Kudos to both of you. I'll bet your friend will
be pleased, but you might have to explain the purpleheart..

Russell Eaton

My neighbor was awarded the Purple Heart in Korea. I made him a pen of Purple heart, but not nearly as nice as that one. That is a thing of beauty, nice job all. Thanks for showing.

jaeger

You picked a great design for your gift to your friend. I'm sure he will be proud to carry and use this pen. Nice job on the blank Neal!

bitshird

Nice thing to do Gary, Neil is amazing, I'm still waiting for his tutorial :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I'm glad there are guys around that do value what others have given, I think it's about time for another pen drive isn't it? I know this crusty old crotchety Leather Neck that knows how to get the pens to the troops.

Top Bottom