A gift to my brother

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

My father passed away in 1997 and I inherited his shop equipment along with a whole bunch of wood. Included in the stash of wood were some sticks of rosewood which had been machined for a xylophone but apparently didn't make the cut. There was also a thin piece of cocobolo which my brother brought home from Panama after pastoring there for a dozen years. I revisited a style I made long ago, hoping to highlight the two woods. Turns out the contrast between the two isn't as good as I would have liked, but the woods have special meaning and I am hoping my brother will appreciate it.

Dadwood 1.jpg
Dadwood 2.jpg
Dadwood 3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Steve... That is wonderful. I have admired your original pens with this design, I believe Oak and Padauk may have been included?

The contrast is subtle, but beautiful and meaningful. I also love the finial. Be well - Happy retirement.

SteveJ

I believe Oak and Padauk may have been included?

You are correct - one of my sons keeps that one on his desk and I kept saying I was going to make another one like because I enjoyed it so much. Now I have so make a third one since SWMBO said I should give it to my brother...

Ah the struggles of a wife who encourages you to make more pens...

Top Bottom