A first.................ever

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Sometimes the 'first' something turned is good enough to show, sometimes not...I'll let everyone here decide which catagory this falls into......

Used one of our swirlie delights here on my first ever duck call. Now I can't claim all the credit, the band and insert came from Echo Calls....but I drilled, turned and shined this one up! Photo's beow might not seem all that 'shined up', but the diffused light is the only thing allowing the swirls to be seen.

16779017276_f6e181f335_c.jpg

16617308638_deacee2f42_b.jpg

16617507580_29ff396aac_b.jpg

Close-up of this one....the finish was: wet sanding to 800grit, and PlastixPolish(I dusted the thing off, but can't seem to get a photo without a few specks showing up....but this is uneditted)

16182537154_d7479fd624_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Scott (gotta hide it for later) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Thanks guys...the credit on the blanks goes to Lyn, she gets them all pretty much drop dead right. Think the hardest part of photo'ing her blanks is knocking the shine off so they can be seen.

Scott (guess I'll make another) B

Fay Prozora

Wow! I can't wrap my brains around getting those pretty swirls.. I have tried but all of my blanks I casted are solid color those some I made from 2 colors. We'll see when I turn them, maybe there swirls hidden inside. That can happen some times. I have one set of blanks I'm going to have to paint them hole after drilling because I did not add enough color and you would be able to see the brass tube inside. I have a color that will match pretty close to the color the blank is. That call is a beauty for sure... Great job! Fay

SDB777

Gorgeous shame there is none listed on the website, I bet you would have a few buyers. I still have my 7 seas. Finally got the nautical to put it on. Maybe this weekend it will get done.

Special order only....sorry, but we don't mass produce blanks that size.

Can't wait to see what that pen looks like, let me know when it's up on here please.

Scott (I got an hour....hehehe) B

Top Bottom