A few Wine/Whiskey bottle stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

Before I share these photo's with you, I need to explain something. Most of you probably wonder why I use so much Serviceberry and Rocky Mountain Maple when I share items on this site. You might be tired of hearing about it from me but let me explain. First off, both species grow like weeds on my cabin property so it's readily available. It turns wonderfully and I think it has some interesting traits. And last but not least, it's cheap. And one important thing about it come hunting season, Deer and Elk love it. You don't need me to tell you how that benefits me. I just go out with a bow saw and cut down what I need, stack it in the shop to dry and it's good to go. The main reason I use these two woods is that many visitors to Montana visit local gift shops (actually Made in Montana shops) looking for something that will remind them of their visit to "The Last Best Place", so I cater to their wants. The customers get an actual Made in Montana product. Enough explanation.

These are bottle stoppers I made for a local shop that sells some of my products. The actual stopper part I purchased from Stainless Bottle Stoppers (stainlessbottlestoppers.com). I've gotten great customer service from them and their products are as equal to other Stainless stoppers.

Wine stoppers.jpg These three bottle stoppers are for Wine. Left to right, Serviceberry, Rocky Mountain Maple and last, Olive Wood.

Whiskey stoppers 1.jpg Whiskey Stoppers 2.jpg These are Left to Right (left photo), Serviceberry, Walnut Burl and last, Serviceberry. All are for Whiskey bottles. The second picture shows the inlays on each topper. The left inlay is actually a Montana State quarter dollar. I just wish the coin was not so bright and I could figure out a way to tarnish it a bit. The eagle is something my wife and I see routinely out the sun room windows. We have a mating pair on the Missouri River which is less than a mile from our home. The pair can often be seen flying over the house. I do have to say, they are very big birds, but beautiful. The last inlay is a Buffalo head.
These were all fun to make and I hope they sell well at the store that ordered them.

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Hi Tom, Cool Bottle Stoppers and the story behind them. You are spot on with the Bald Eagles. There are several nests near our property along the Loup canal and a small creek nearby. I don't think most people realize how big they really are and how majestic they look. There have been several times I've almost driven off the road by watching them soar in the thermals when I'm on my way to town.

Some of the jewelry makers use "Cool Tools Patina Gel" to add a patina to their stuff. I don't know for sure how it would work with state quarters, but at least it might give you something to Google up.

Dave

Hi Tom, Cool Bottle Stoppers and the story behind them. You are spot on with the Bald Eagles. There are several nests near our property along the Loup canal and a small creek nearby. I don't think most people realize how big they really are and how majestic they look. There have been several times I've almost driven off the road by watching them soar in the thermals when I'm on my way to town.

Some of the jewelry makers use "Cool Tools Patina Gel" to add a patina to their stuff. I don't know for sure how it would work with state quarters, but at least it might give you something to Google up.

Dave
Thanks Dave for the info, I'll give the Cool Tools a shot and see what happens. Like you, we see a lot of Bald Eagles alongside the interstate. I've always been interested in Bald Eagle from a very young age. A place by where I grew up took in injured and sick birds. One was a Bald Eagle, talk about a stately bird. This was one proud Eagle and it lived there for many years. I visited the sanctuary as often as I could and really enjoyed it.

bsshog40

Nice stoppers Tom. Cool story also. Even in our little rural area where we are here in Omaha, Tx., I spotted a bald eagle sitting in a tree in the pasture across the street from our house. I watched him for about 2 hrs til he flew off. Was very cool.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Another fine batch of stoppers Tom. Thanks for the referral to bottle stoppers. We had a family reunion in Gattlinburg, TN a few years ago. It was right next to a creek. An Eagle perched in a tree across the creek from us, watching for a fish I assume. I probably spent an hour just adoring the bird, while neglecting my relatives. I don't think anybody's feelings were damaged.šŸ˜

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The products are wonderful, but the stories are very appreciated! I really like the Eagle Medallion - looks like scrimshaw; and the Buffalo looks like Pewter. Both are excellent. Thanks for sharing, I need to turn some myself...

Chasboy1

Beautiful stoppers and I was interested to see what Serviceberry looks like since I think it's not common here in NJ. What I <do> have to contribute is that a few years ago nesting bald eagles returned to the Hudson River near my home town of Peekskill which is where the Indian Point Power plant is. A number of photographers have been chronicling their return.

Top Bottom