A few pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EricRN

EricRN

Thought I'd post some photos of a couple that I've finished in the past few months. The first is a Jr George with a turquoise ice kirinite blank. I was a little disappointed in the blank. I thought it would have more of a "crush" look to it.

The second is a Lazer Linez Liberty with a Conway Stewart blank. Really nice pen kit--very high quality, nice looking design. Gave it to my brother for his birthday along with a leather folio from Holtz Leather. He's starting a new job and could use that sort of thing. For those of you who don't know Holtz Leather, you should check it out. Very nice, high quality leather goods made in the USA. I guess the guy fell on some hard times, was close to being homeless, and started his leather shop. Prices are not, but competitive with any other nice leather folio and cheaper than super high-end stuff. And this guy's stuff is all hand made by him (so far as I can tell) and the quality seemed to be as good as you'll find.

The final one is a JR George with a Conway Stewart classic green blank. I think this is the best I've done so far in terms of shape and seamless transition from blank to fitting.

Nothing fancy and not near the creativity or craftsmanship as the custom stuff that so many here have perfected. But hopefully just a simple pen with a keen attention to detail and a sharp look. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• 0014c.JPG
    0014c.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 0015.JPG
    0015.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 0016a.JPG
    0016a.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

All 3 look very nice ! A great job with the blanks.

I've wanted to order a few of the Lazerlinez just haven't committed to it yet. They have a few that are similair to each, other than a few lines of design . All stainless steel I believe.

EricRN

Thanks all. I like the laser lines kits. The stainless is nice. Not as flashy as plating but you don't have to worry about it wearing off. Feels very sturdy too.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Eric, all three look excellent! The first pen is of a color I thought I wouldn't like, but I kept coming back to it - very nice. Each is well done.

I bought 4 Lazerlinz kits about 4 years ago. I still have one for myself (a bog oak blank, nothing fancy), and I really like it. The mechanism is still excellent, no issues after 4 years.

For me - I will buy a Stainless Steel kit before any other. I do have some secondary preferences, but Stainless has never let me down.

Well done on the three pens.

Last edited:

FGarbrecht

These look great. I'm working on a couple of Laserlinez Raven pens right now (rollerball and fountain pen, one in cocobolo and one in fake tortoise), I hope they come out half as nice as your pens. Nice work.

EricRN

Sold my first pen!! The turquoise one from the photos above. And to think that was my least favorite of the bunch and I was disappointed with the blank. Go figure.

jttheclockman

Sold my first pen!! The turquoise one from the photos above. And to think that was my least favorite of the bunch and I was disappointed with the blank. Go figure.
Congrats on the sale. You will quickly learn there is no answer to what people will buy first. They like what they like so do not try to figure it out and make what pleases you. They will buy. Good luck as you cruise down this addictive path.

Top Bottom