A Few Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pfbarney

pfbarney

I'm working on my photo skills so forgive the graininess on a couple of the pictures.

First is a Brushed Copper Cigar Pen with a Seasons Change blank I got from Bear Tooth Woods (where I get almost all of my blanks actually).
1_DSC_0152.JPG

I also did a Majestic Jr with one of those blanks. I really like the way the colors fade.
1_DSC_0141.JPG

Any comments/critiques are more than welcome.

More to come....:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pfbarney

More Pens...Jr Gent IIs

This Jr. Gent II was originally done in African Blackwood, but the finish cracked. When I took it apart to refinish I decided to redo it in acrylic so I could try my hand at turning the finial. I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt, even though you can't see it real clearly in the picture.
1_DSC_0135.JPG

This Jr. Gent II is another one I took apart to redo. It was originally done in turquoise TrueStone, but I turned it WAY too big and it was just a clunky looking mess. I like the Blue Chip Stock acrylic from Bear Tooth with the black titanium finish. The finial could be just a little more proud in my opinion.
1_DSC_0138.JPG

pfbarney

Last One

I have a gentleman I work with that has been somewhat of an investor in my new hobby (since January). He started out buying several pens from me at cost, and even paid for new materials when I would make mistakes. He really liked the Sierra Stylus pens but wanted something slimmer, like the Trimlines I had made for him. I combined the Trimline with the separate stylus tips and he seems really pleased. Several others have shown interest as well, so I started putting some together. A couple of them have sold straight out of my hand at the bar next door to where I work. Now I take my pen portfolio with me whenever I go for a drink after work.:biggrin: It's working.

Anyway, here are 8 that I did this past weekend.
(L to R) Turquoise/Chrome, Black Cherry/Chrome, Purple Passion/Chrome, RedBlueGold/24K, Forest Pebble/24K, Falcon Pride/Gun Metal, Wildhorse Jasper TrueStone/Gun Metal, Alien Sunset/Gun Metal. All blanks from Bear Tooth Woods.
1_DSC_0163.JPG

Fishinbo

As a dad myself, your story hit home. This pen screams of purity, beauty, sophistication and glitter. Your daughter could not ask for anything more. Absolutely stunning !!!

azamiryou

I really like the shape you've got on those trimlines, especially the blue one (third from the right). I'm talking about the slight bulge with the fattest parts closer to the CB end of each barrel, rather than towards the center of each barrel as on the turquoise one.

Top Bottom