A few pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkD

MarkD

A few weeks ago I picked up a box of pendant blanks from one of our members who makes pretty nice pen blanks :biggrin: Though I would show a few of them I have turned.
Your comments and critiques are welcome.
DSC03548.JPG

DSC03549.JPG

DSC03550.JPG

DSC03551.JPG

DSC03552.JPG

DSC03553.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbswearingen

Mark they all look great how do you place them on the lathe to turn them?

I subscribe to this guy on YouTube; he has a LOT of great, simple projects that I wouldn't have tried without his "prompting". He shows how to make a simple jig for doing off-center turning on discs or pendants.

http://www.youtube.com/user/haydenHD#p/u/32/zFM0zhpFpJ4

One way to turn a pendant "round" is to use double-sided tape to apply the blank (with a flat back, of course) to a backer board, turn it round, profile it, whatever, then use the jig described in the video to add embellishments and even drill/turn the mounting hole.

Brooks803

Oh Wow! Those came out amazing Mark. My wife was drooling over the 3rd one when I showed her. Very cool! I can't wait to see how some of the others turn out!

Oh, I didn't mark all of them, but some of those blanks are suspended animations. It'll be a color swirl in clear and then I recast it on a solid background. Something to keep an eye out for :wink:

MarkD

Great colors and beautiful pendants!! Good solid work.
Thanks!
The pictures you posted of your pendants has inspired me to make the holes in the pendants larger than I did with these initial pendants. That make a big difference in the look of the pendant.

Dave Winters

Larger Holes..

Yeah, design-wise, I think it actually adds to the asymmetrical spirit of the thing- and looks more like what it is.. a multi axis turning. Gives new meaning to the phrase "Less is More"!
-Dave

MarkD

Thanks for all the complements. Of course, it helps when Johnathon makes the blanks.
Turning these pendants was been another fun learning experience....luckily I have hardly put a dent in the box of blanks, so I have lots of fun yet to experience.

Top Bottom