a few new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

A bunch of pens from the last few weeks...

Abalone acrylic with black bits...
img_3906.jpg

img_3908.jpg

Orange ebonite, two coats of urushi, and customer is supplying his own nib.
img_3921.jpg

img_3917.jpg

Black micarta, two coats of urushi, button filler.
img_3924.jpg

img_3922.jpg

Red mottled and black ebonite. Gift as a going away present to a pen club member.
img_3705.jpg

img_3707.jpg

Using old Duofold Jr. parts to rebuild a pen more or less. The cap was trashed so he wanted a whole new pen. :) Button filler.
img_3810.jpg

img_3813.jpg

Yellow and orange, for a student.
img_3916.jpg

img_3914.jpg

Red cranberry and red tortoise lucite for a student.
img_3799.jpg

img_3801.jpg

Red mottled ebonite with two coats of urushi.
img_3925.jpg

img_3725.jpg

Burl eyedropper. Big.
img_3612.jpg

img_3610.jpg

And a piston filler. Customer sent a minerva that had basically shattered and I built a new cap and barrel and scavenged the piston unit to reuse here. She has it in hand and is very pleased with it. :) Made from Invisible Man green stripes.
img_3859.jpg

img_3854.jpg

img_3851.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

Very nice pens......a question re. the green stripes....if one were to use that blank with tubes, do you feel the tubes would need to be painted, or is it pretty much opaque? Thanks.....

watch_art

Thanks!

I think the green/black stripes is opaque enough to not underpaint at all. If you get it REALLY thin you might get a hint of the tubes to show thru... not sure.

InvisibleMan

They all look great, Shawn. I'm particularly drawn to #1. I love blue and I think the black finials and the thin black cap band really look great with the material. My kind of shape too.

Thanks!

I think the green/black stripes is opaque enough to not underpaint at all. If you get it REALLY thin you might get a hint of the tubes to show thru... not sure.

I think this is pretty much spot on. I'd be surprised if the tube shows through unless turned very thin, but I always encourage tube/blank painting to be safe. Ya never know.:)

By the way, I think that may be from the first ever striped blank batch I ever poured. Fun to see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom