A few new pens from me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grebmar

grebmar

I've slowly been learning how to do this. Here are my latest creations. Four EDC pens/pencil from PSI, with (from left to right) Dreamtime from Exotic blanks, Rocky Shore from Appalachian Turnings, Vulcan's Forge from Exotic Blanks, and Galapagos Green, from Exotic Blanks. I've been using the PSI plastic polish with good luck so far.

The other pen is a Dayacom "Professor" in Holly Oak from Georges-Bits-O-Timber. The end blew out while turning, so I turned it into my first serious sectioning attempt, with a cutoff Alumilite blank and two old iTunes cards, which turned out to be cardboard, not plastic. You can see the line between the two cards and it doesn't look clean, so I won't do that again. The finish is GluBoost, which turned out pretty well. Two coats of thin, four coats of thick, sand with 000 steel wool, and then micro mesh dry to 12,000. I don't have a buffing system, but it still looks great--nice and shiny.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

What is different on the 2nd from the left. The click end is missing something, I think. Nice looking pens.

@mnerland

You can see the construction of the Duraclick pencil here ( and compare to the Duraclick EDC pen, on a different website page) :-

RichAldrich

I've slowly been learning how to do this. Here are my latest creations. Four EDC pens/pencil from PSI, with (from left to right) Dreamtime from Exotic blanks, Rocky Shore from Appalachian Turnings, Vulcan's Forge from Exotic Blanks, and Galapagos Green, from Exotic Blanks. I've been using the PSI plastic polish with good luck so far.

The other pen is a Dayacom "Professor" in Holly Oak from Georges-Bits-O-Timber. The end blew out while turning, so I turned it into my first serious sectioning attempt, with a cutoff Alumilite blank and two old iTunes cards, which turned out to be cardboard, not plastic. You can see the line between the two cards and it doesn't look clean, so I won't do that again. The finish is GluBoost, which turned out pretty well. Two coats of thin, four coats of thick, sand with 000 steel wool, and then micro mesh dry to 12,000. I don't have a buffing system, but it still looks great--nice and shiny.
Nice Pens!

Top Bottom