A few more from the week!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

Here are a few pens from the last little while...All Jr gents, in a few different finishes!

First we have a freebie blank from EB, purple something im sure, cant recall! Reverse painted white. I turned it round and then took a parting tool to it and cut those sections down almost to the tube. Pulled it off the lathe, and mixed up some epoxy and brass key shavings that i Have been collecting from lowes. They just give them to you if you ask! Filled in the gaps with the mixture, and turned them down to finial size, and applied a ca finish. I stay away from gold, but the wife demanded that it needed gold components. So here we go, Purple and Brass on a Cobalt Gold Navigator!

Second up we have a rhodium Jr. Gent dressed in Buckeye Burl! One of my favorite woods, but been awhile since of made anything with it! Ca Finish with novus 2 and plastx.

And Lastly... A month or so ago I had picked up the piece of wood in this thread entitiled Decisions, Decisions. Broke down and choped it up into pen blanks. Mouisture meter says they are ready to go, so I began to turn them last week. Plan on these two being gifts to the couple who gave me such a chunck of oak from a tree in their yard. Both Rhodium Jr. Gent I's. I added a close up of the caps so you could really see the grain up there! Darker one reminds me of pasta!

C&C Welcome on all, they were all a blast, and looking forward to the next one! Thanks For your viewing time!

Attachments

• purple brass 2.jpg
    purple brass 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 126
  • purple brass 3.jpg
    purple brass 3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 145
  • beb jr gent.jpg
    beb jr gent.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 127
  • twins together side.jpg
    twins together side.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 142
  • twin caps detail.jpg
    twin caps detail.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 140
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I agree with you on not wanting to use gold, but I agree with your wife that it looks better in gold. And good "DECISION" on the last 2 (Sorry, couldn't help myself:rolleyes:). But you should have made cap finials too.:) Oak is so under rated.

Last edited:

jmbaker79

I agree with you on not wanting to use gold, but I agree with your wife that it looks better in gold. And good "DECISION" on the last 2 (Sorry, couldn't help myself:rolleyes:). But you should have made cap finials too.:) Oak is so under rated.

I agree and should almost always make custom finials! Just got a little lazy on these but perhaps they will get made today! At least i still have the option! I agree it is under rated, I got some pretty neat lookin blanks out of it and can't wait to get a few more turned.

Top Bottom