A few more carvings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ohiococonut

ohiococonut

This is the first coat rack I designed. I wanted one to hang in my shop but the wifes says it too pretty, which prompted me to make more coat racks. It's cut from Curly Maple.

BassCoatRack.jpg

I cut these praying hands for my wife. It was almost a shame to even cut this piece of Bunginga. I did manage to cut off enough to keep about 6 pen blanks

PrayingHandsBubinga.jpg

This plaque was cut in a Sasafrass oval and measures about 27".

DeerMantleOvalCraigs.jpg

The last pic is another coat rack I designed and cut in Walnut.

BassCoatRackWalnutdouble_zps972bf88e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ohiococonut

Thanks for the compliments. I'm still learning as I go since I know at this point the software is still more capable than I but I'll get it figured out. The program I really want is Aspire but it's out of reach right now. I'm saving my pennies, literally.

Paul,
I use VCarve Pro and Cut3D. Both are from Vectric. Sometimes I design part of it in Cut3D and incorporate it into VCarve Pro to get the effect I'm looking for.

ohiococonut

John,
Sanding? I do very little and mostly what I use is a stiff brush that was made for a parts cleaning tank, seriously. It looks like a giant round paint brush with stiff bristles and I swirl it around to remove any fuzzies. It's abrasive enough to remove the fuzzies but soft enough to not scratch the wood. What little sanding I do, I use cheap sanding pads with foam in between. I try to use very sharp bits and lower my step over to avoid having to sand. For the 4 pieces you're looking at I "may" have 30min sanding time total only to lightly knock off sharp edges. I try to let the machine do most of the work even if it means longer cutting time. I'm not in a production mode and I do this for fun :biggrin:

Tim,
Yes it is. I believe it's called the Shark Pro HD. For the money I don't think it can be beat. It came with the software and a free router at the time I bought it. All that was needed to start was a piece of wood and a LOT of patience :wink:
I've already run the brushes out of one router and the second one has at least 75hrs on it already. I need to order two sets of brushes and bearings before this one gives up the ghost.

hanau

I think I figured out that i need to change some quality setting on mine. I am going to try it tomorrow and see if it helps.
I am using the carvewright.

Top Bottom