A few Modified Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

Here are a few simple things you can do to a Slimline to change it's looks, and one not so simple. First one is a Slimline Pro Click Pen from PSI in Black T/N. One piece blank with ivory end caps and a pic guard center piece. Blank is Brazilan Rosewood turned larger than standard size. Second is a regular Slimline in Gun Metal with a Polymer clay blank. Sometimes just the blank can make the pen stand out. Third is a Slimline turned from Corian in Brushed Gold with 5 ply pic guard added to the ends. Forth is a Brushed Gold Slimline that has been segmented with Blue Malle on a spalted Oak blank, recessed or "Frenched" final and angle cut with and a hidden clip. As you can see, just getting rid of that constricting center band can make a world of difference. Last is a highly modified Slimline. Segmented blank turned oversise and longer, custom center band, and turreted final. All are CA finished. So, let your thoughts run wild. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0024 (717x800).jpg
    DSCF0024 (717x800).jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCF0023 (350x640).jpg
    DSCF0023 (350x640).jpg
    169 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
It is fun to play with slimline variations. That pc blank is really neat - I might have to give it a try sometime.

BSea

Those are really cool. I especially like the last 2. I can't remember the last time I used a stock centerband on a slimline. It's like training wheels on a bike. They're just a lot more fun to without them.

I like the 1st one too, but I've had such bad luck with those click kits, I don't use them anymore.

Last edited:

plantman

Not crazy about the first one but I love the others. Great job!
Ross

Ross; Hay, if I were a pro baseball player, and could hit 4 out of 5 every time out I would be more than happy with that, and my PR person would be typing this reply. I would always rather have an honest opinion then no C&C at all. Glad you liked the rest !! If I may ask, what do you not like about the first one, so I don't make that mistake on the next one ?? Jim S

Top Bottom