A Few Key Rings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Made these 12 key rings today. I have quite a few of the larger ones in stock with the secret compartment and the whistle on the end etc but there is always a market for something lower priced than those. These fill that bill and are fast sellers that pay for the cost of the rental tables at craft sales. My first pre-Christmas one of this season is a little one on Saturday of this week..

Left side from top to bottom are 2 purple-heart, 2 buckeye burl , and two jarrah.
Right side top to bottom are 2 bocote and four corian.
Finish on all wood ones is 4 coats of BLO/CA followed by One Step plastic polish and then TSW which is my favorite finishing wax.

The corian ones do not require any finish other than sanding to 600 grit, then One Step polish and then TSW .
They could all be buffed to higher gloss but for low priced production items like this I generally don't find it necessary to go that extra step.

Since getting the One Step Polish I have not had to sand any higher than 600 grit on any small items including pens. It takes care of all my previous steps of consecutive grits of MM up to 12000.
W.Y.

341860970.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

Great looking bunch of key rings..........Just sold 24 the other day. Here`s a couple of versions that sells very good for me. First group are of course bullets and the second bunch are deer antler.

Attachments

• cobbullet.JPG
    cobbullet.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 146

W.Y.

Real nice Perry.
Are you using a special kit for the ones with the antler tips or modifying the regular kit.
If modifying regular ones would you like to explain how ? .
I hate to think of all the antler tips I discarded because they were too thin for pens but could have been used like that.

W.Y.

papaturner

William, I do indeed modify the regular kit. Very simple to do. I shorten the brass tube to the length needed for the hole drilled in the tip,glue in the tube then sand flush with the antler. Then I shape the antler to match the key ring part with a sander and press the part in the tube, then insert ring.
I find the toughest part is to press the key ring part in the tubed antler because the tip is not always straight, making it difficult to line up the part and the antler tip so that the plunger on the press pushes every thing straight in.
Hope this helps,but if you have questions please ask......I`ll certainly answer if I can.

Top Bottom