a day late and a dollar short

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
So I got am email from Penn state over the weekend that offered me 10% off for being a customer for 10 years, ordered several items and the discount would cover shipping. Today, I get an email that offers 15% off 400 pen styles!!!! So the general public gets more than the valuable customer? Hmm. I will call in the morning ansd see what happens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

I've been a customer for just about 2 years and I got a 20% offer earlier this month and the 15% that just hit the mailbox today. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their discount offers.:confused:

plantman

I have received the 10%, 15%, and the 20% offers from Penn State, but everytime I enter the cupon codes, they come up not valid. This has been going on for 3 months now. I just gave up sending orders to them!!!!! Jim S

Last edited:

Fatdawg

So I got am email from Penn state over the weekend that offered me 10% off for being a customer for 10 years, ordered several items and the discount would cover shipping. Today, I get an email that offers 15% off 400 pen styles!!!! So the general public gets more than the valuable customer? Hmm. I will call in the morning ansd see what happens.

Did you recently place a large order with PSI? As my luck usually runs I ordered approximately 320 pen kits two weeks ago, and got the same 15% off email today. I've had the same happen several times before as well.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have heard recently that through database mining some internet vendors can now track our "ability to pay" based on prior purchases with them AND other vendors!!! I believe it was Amazon, but not sure.

The point is that they now offer DIFFERENT discounts based on what we have purchased. Does not bode well when everyone gets a different advertisement - you never know what the "best, bottom line is" :mad:

Well, just as I thought...contacted them, the order was shipped and "there's nothing they can do! Of course there is!!! If they want to! This thread will have to move to the cheers and jeers
section.

Last edited:
My bad, wasn't shipped, just processed, but the discount opportunity issue still stands...see my cheers and jeers post!
Well, just as I thought...contacted them, the order was shipped and "there's nothing they can do! Of course there is!!! If they want to! This thread will have to move to the rants and raves section.

That's how all coupons and discounts are. No?

None of us like it but that's the way it is.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
NO!!! They Can do something. It's called customer service/customer loyalty/customer satisfaction. AKA: Want any repeat business?

Silverado

I've left things in the online cart for several day's and have had them send me online 5% coupon codes if I process the order before 12 midnight the last day. Just enough to sway me to place the order. The next day up pops
a 10% discount!! The PSI way of saying Thank-You.:redface:

walshjp17

I have received the 10%, 15%, and the 20% offers from Penn State, but everytime I enter the cupon codes, they come up not valid. This has been going on for 3 months now. I just gave up sending orders to them!!!!! Jim S

I experienced the same thing until I noticed that the items I was looking to buy were already discounted. Looking at the fine print, sale items are excluded form discount offers. In other words, only one discount per product. Fell into the same trap with another vendor that offered free shipping if over $xx.xx. Does not apply if items you want are on sale.

Top Bottom