A cutting board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spitfire

spitfire

Here is a cutting board I made recently from maple and walnut.
cuttingboard.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

That's a great looking 'board'. Looking to make a few myself as soon as the weather gets better and I can glue up a few boards together. What finish to you use to seal?

-Peter-:)

VisExp

I'd also be interested in the finish you used and how many coats. That's a great looking cutting board.

I've made a number of cutting boards but I've never got a finish looking that good. I always use General Salad Bowl Finish.

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, that's a lot of work! It's really pretty, and I like how chunky it is. Too many cutting boards today are those thin things. I need something I can cleave a hunk of haunch on! Nice work!:)

CHICAGOHAND

Nice work my friend, here is one in the making for a customer in Connecticut.
Doing the flat work is'nt so bad it gets nerv racking holding the router against the template that ages me.I am slowly trying to convince my wife on getting a cnc router that can save me much time and frustration it is just trying to convince her to fine quite a few thousand dollars in her purse.
I dont know where she is hiding it but I will keep liiking.

It is not done yet i still have the corners to round and ron a round over bit along the edges and then decide if I should put the finish on or let my customer choose that and think of how she will feel when the board turns from a dull wood to a high gloss.
Again SPITFIRE nice work.

2008113135332_S7300020.jpg

2008113135357_S7300030.jpg

2008113135420_S7300032.jpg

2008113135437_S7300033.jpg

spitfire

CHICAGOHAND,
My first 5 cutting boards were made the same way as yours but without the grrove, I would have used cherry in this 1 too but I ran out. I just had an order for an all cherry board so looks like I will have to make a trip to the sawmill :D

CHICAGOHAND

This is the finished product.
Man am I glad this one is done, I am not getting enough for these.
For this to be worth my while I think $180-$200 would work for me but who would pay that much?

2008113181424_S7300036.jpg

spitfire

Looks good I like it. I too think it would be hard to get 180+ for them. How much do you sell them for? if you don't want to say I understand.

IPD_Mrs

Nice Job. Almost an optical illusion. I like the top one the best on a personal level, although the bottom looks like it might have been a bit more difficult. As to cost, you would be suprised what people will pay!

[:X] Mrs.

Top Bottom