A couple PITHy blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sprung

Sprung

Here's some recent pens made from a couple blanks I received from Michael (mecompco) in the last PITH.

I had a pen made with a blank I received from Steve (SteveG) from the PITH before that which I had hoped to picture, but a family member saw the Curly Koa and just had to have it! That was before I had a chance to get a picture of it, so you'll just have to imagine what a nice piece of Curly Koa would look like paired with a Rhodium Caballero. :tongue:

The first is mini cones that Michael cast in white PR that I backpainted with a teal/aqua color - it really pops and I'm very happy with how this pen turned out. Baron RB kit. CA finish.

The second is wood from a Kona Coffee tree. The grain is very subtle, not easy to see, especially in a small picture. But, I like it and it's cool to have a pen made from this wood - I need to find some more. Caballero kit. Friction polish finish, then made satin with some 0000 steel wool.

The final pen, a slimline with acrylic, wasn't a PITH blank but is a blank I received from Wayne (stonepecker) when we did a little swapping in person the last time I saw him.

Attachments

• Cones1.jpg
    Cones1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Cones2.jpg
    Cones2.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 277
  • Kona1.jpg
    Kona1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 257
  • A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

Matt, those all look great! I love what you did with my cone blank--much better than my attempt. :)

Hey, you gotta give yourself more credit than that! You've done well too. ;) Thanks again for these blanks - I really like how they both turned out.

Top Bottom